Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I would like to take this moment...

.... to congratulate my mother on her birthday today, the 14th of October!

No, I'm not a Norman Bates or something, but it's rare (I think) with really good mothers. Indirectly it's because of her that I love horror movies (she never liked them, but never stopped me from watching my first classics as a five year old child) and during the last 10-15 years I helped her to discover martial arts-movies - she loves Jackie Chan and Shogun Assassin is her favorite japanese movie!

Ah, those horror movies? It wasn't anything extreme, but it really started my fascination for the dark and macabre. It was King Kong, The Invisible Man, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf Man and all their sequels. It was a great start of a lifelong passion.

Congratulations mum, and continue to stay cool and fun!

No comments: