Friday, May 21, 2010

Man of the Week: James Franciscus


I think we all can agree that James Franciscus is one mega-hunk! Alright, not that he looks the best on the half-naked photo here, but still... that face, that charisma. Perfect teeth, even more perfect hair cut (oh, me and my hair cuts - I should have been a hairdresser instead). A typical classic movie star.

The most important thing with Franciscus is that he was a very good actor, but he never became that superstar he deserved to be, which is a pity. He's also one of the few actors (together with Kinski for example) that I can watch a movie because he's in it.

8 comments:

CiNEZiLLA said...

Wow. Only two weeks running and it's allready a Friday routine that I'll definately be following.

Great idea, great post, great Fred!

David A. Zuzelo said...

Excellent! The team of Franciscus and Morrow in Great White is always fun to watch....great post Fred!

Neil Sarver said...

I completely agree! Franciscus rocks!

Neil D Vokes said...

LONGSTREET!

Alex B. said...

A good-looking man and certainly a good actor. That loincloth pic is extraordinary:)

TD said...

Good choice - what an incredibly handsome man. For some reason he reminds me of Mike Rowe. It's funny that loincloth pic is so popular, because his body is much hotter in the movie. I think that was the first time I ever saw a TV/movie star with abs. (Then I discovered The Wild Wild West...)

Anonymous said...

Franciscus had the right stuff at the wrong time. If Raiders of the Lost Ark had been made 10 years earlier, he might have been a superstar because he would have been the natural choice for the role.

Maria Jolicoeur said...

I just saw a movie he was in yesterday on channel 65, Turner Classic Movie Channel. What good memories. True, we miss our youth when we get older.