Saturday, February 5, 2011

Soo Lui Laek (1989)


I’ve picked one movie from my VCD-collection, something according to ethaicd is titled Soo Lui Laek. If this is correct, or even the year, I have no idea. But it’s another of Panna Rittikrai’s early movies, produces in the backwaters of Thailand with a cast of his typical stuntmen and some other guys I haven’t seen before.

For once the story was extra hard to understand, but I what I could understand it’s a about a failed robbery where Panna Rittikrai, maybe, gets his hand – without knowing it – on the jewellery and then at least two gangs of criminals tries to find out what happen. But really, I have no idea. That just what it seems to me when watching the film.

These movies can be a bit of a Russian roulette when it comes to entertainment. This falls perfectly in-between being just boring and having some decent action. There’s a lot of fights and most of them is pretty good, but lacks the imagination of some of other movies also starring Rittikrai. People fly thru the air, lots of direct contact, but never becomes special enough to remember. The body count is high after all, but that’s about it.

If you want to see a pedestrian story with average fights, see this one. Just don’t except a new Gerd Ma Lui or 2 Nuk Soo Poo Ying Yai (aka Thai Police Story), or even an explosive action-fest like Mission Hunter 1 and 2.

No comments: